We are currently looking for:
Hare Construction team members work closely together to bring our client’s vision and dreams to life. At Hare Construction, the Project Manager is a crucial part of our team and helps to make our project possible through the management, planning, and tracking of the progress of our construction projects. The Project Manager role reports directly to the Director of Construction.
- Responsible for the full life cycle of the project, take-off to completion
- Responsible for project tracking and overall performance
- Coordinate internal resources as well as outside vendors and subcontractors to execute project goals
- Ensures that the quality of work being performed on site meets Hare Construction’s standards
- Create, manage, and adhere to project budgets, schedules, and deadlines
- Negotiate with vendors and subcontractors to obtain best possible pricing for materials and labor
- Create and maintain proper project related documentation
- Maintain positive client relationships
- Maintain positive vendor and subcontractor relationships
- Minimum of five years professional construction project management experience
- Strong Communication; must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with team members as well as clients and subcontractors
- Strong knowledge and understanding of construction plans and specifications
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
- Provable leadership skills
- Experience with ProCore preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred, or equivalent experience
Salary: $80k – $100k DOE
At Hare Construction, the Estimator is valued as one of the first people to interact with the building process, creating a smooth start for their team. They use technology and mathematical skill to prepare an estimation of the amount of materials and time needed for the construction of a home or commercial property in accordance with Company Policies. They regularly visit sites and work with internal and external stakeholders to deliver optimized results. While this position will be primarily based in the Monterey area, there will also be opportunity to travel to North Bay counties as the business continues to expand.
• Report directly to the Director of Construction
• Complete Prospect Information Forms and ensure that all information pertinent to a prospective project is captured
• Create jobs in Sage and provide all necessary information
• Establish an estimated schedule for each project
• Perform a comprehensive side-by-side comparison of bids to select the most time/cost effective options
• Prepare cost analysis and ensure all necessary line items are included in each project bid
• Create a Schedule of Values to be presented to the client during the bidding process
• Complete necessary permitting processes prior to handing off to a Project Manager
• Establish and maintain working relationships with clients, vendors and subcontractors
• Previous experience in project estimation
• Exhibit strong skills in organization, prioritization, multi-tasking and attention to detail
• Ability to read plans/drawings effectively and utilize take off software
• Experience with Microsoft Suite
• Must have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with clients, subcontractors and team members
• Experience with Sage 100 Contractor preferred
• Must be dedicated, able to work independently and have a “self-starter, can-do” attitude
• Experience with vendor negotiation
As a skilled Laborer you will be responsible for cleaning and preparing construction sites for the building of structures and buildings. You need to be able to load materials, read plans and specifications, tend machines, mix and pour concrete, and assist carpenters, foremen and other construction site workers.
- Follow instructions from superintendents / managers
- Communicate, plan, anticipate needs.
- Assist in building structures for residential, business and construction sites.
- Participate in demolitions.
- Mix concrete.
- Pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, or plaster.
- Use spray guns for application of material to ceilings or walls.
- Assist construction managers.
- Read designs and plans.
- Dig trenches.
- Install sewer, water, and storm drainpipes.
- Operate laser guidance equipment to place pipes.
- Operate air, electric, and pneumatic drills.
- Remove hazardous materials.
- Operate pavement breakers, jackhammers, earth tampers, concrete, mortar and plaster mixers.
- Survey and measure equipment.